Home » Diamond » White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

Monday, September 23rd 2013. | Diamond, Diamond Ring

White-Gold-Diamond-Engagement-Ring

Diamond engagement rings are available in many choices of metal, including yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, silver, platinum, titanium, and many more, either precious metal or semi-precious metal. However, we can see on any jewellery stores that usually diamond engagement rings available are those made of white metals, in which white gold and platinum are the most popular one. Compared to any gold, platinum is indeed harder and more durable, however, platinum is more expensive than gold, so that, people who love white metals for their engagement ring but do not have enough budget to afford platinum tend to choose white gold. White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

white-gold-diamond-engagement-rings-for-women

Anyway, white gold is a very popular choice for diamond ring, and also for eternity, anniversary, or maternity ring. When set on white gold ring, some diamond shapes such as marquise, oval, pear, princess, heart and round brilliant will sparkle in much brilliance. White gold is indeed still a second choice compared to yellow gold, however, white gold is a stylish and affordable choice, and even stronger, thus, more durable, than yellow gold. Diamond engagement ring set on white gold metal not only creates a timeless look but also creates a stunning setting for a sparkling diamond. White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

Keep in mind that the purity of gold is measured by karat, and it is, somehow, is not the same as carat. Carat is a measurement to determine the weight of a diamond, while karat is used to measure the purity of gold on jewellery. Pure gold is 24 karat gold, but it is not used at all for engagement rings since pure gold is too soft and can be scratched too easily, so that gold sold for jewellery industry consists of other materials such as palladium, silver, copper, and sometimes a small amount of nickel and zinc. 14 karat and 18 karat white gold are more common for engagement ring. 18 karat white gold means an alloy consists of 18 gold (75% gold) while the rest of 6 (25%) belongs to other materials. Sometimes, the surface of white gold is also plated in rhodium to enhance the beautiful lustrous look of the white gold. White gold looks very similar to platinum, so those who cannot afford platinum do not need to feel discouraged and choose white gold instead. White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

white-gold-diamond-engagement-rings-prices

Why is it better to choose white gold instead of other metals for diamond engagement ring? It is simply because white gold has a beautiful silvery white lustre which fits perfectly with the white or colourless diamond, which is more often used as engagement ring’s stones. However, since white gold is plated with rhodium, scratches show up more on white gold than platinum or yellow gold, so when it is scratched, the white gold underneath will be seen. Thus, when you choose a white gold diamond engagement ring, it is better for you to get the ring re-plated regularly. The plate of rhodium on white gold usually takes time about 2 years before it is worn. Another benefit in choosing a white gold diamond engagement ring instead of platinum diamond engagement ring is that the white gold one will be more easily to get resized. White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring

White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring
Advertisement
tags: ,